Sunday, February 06, 2005

Eat, Meet, Sick

I haven't blogged in a long time. Shall just record small lil highlights for this week.

I must say that this week was a week full of makan and meeting up of friends.

On Monday, I picked up Mr Lin Min at Xinghua to attend the EL Breifing at IPAM. We had a quick lunch at the coffeeshop nearby. Caught ourselves in small chats in-between. It was nice. (Minus the getting lost on the stupid AYE part)

On Tuesday, Elaine called (surprise!) and asked me out for dinner. I turned her down initially (coz usually spend evenings with hubby) and she sounded so disappointed. Felt bad, called hubby for permission, and said yes to her. Met her and Shirley at J8 Sweet Secrets for dinner and it was a great evening.

It's strange, but our friendship actually blossomed after I have left Xinghua. Started talking only during the danceathon period, but that was already the end of the year. Last Friday we went drinking and we suddenly became good friends overnight!

On Thursday, Dency and I were supposed to have our facial, but we were so late we had to call off the appointment. Had tea at Coffee Club at Hotel Rendezvous instead, and boy, we had a really good afternoon catching up. The interior of Coffee Club went through a facelift, and tho I really prefer the old one, I had an equally good time in this new one. There weren't many people around, I guess, and there came a point where we had the whole place to ourselves, so it was nice and quiet. The rays of the afternoon sun shone through the glass window, which blended with the already brownish-orange decor into a perfect finish. I could almost taste the rays as I sipped my camomile tea.

Friday was supposed to be another happening day. Kumari, Dency and Roger were supposed to visit me at Fernvale and then we would go for lunch or something. I was so looking forward to it the whole week and then it didn't materialize. K was attacked by food poisoning, Roger, as usual, came up with some lame excuses, and so couldn't make it. In the end, I went to Compasspoint with my colleagues to run some errands and shop for something to wear for our dance item, but bought nothing. Ended up buying some burger and went back to school to work. Met Jessica from the PSG in Xinghua. I was sniffing the entire day. Struggled through my workbooks (I swore I was going to finish marking those books) and felt really sick.

Met up with Shar and Pris for dinner at Sketches (Bugis) for our long overdue meet up. The evening would have been perfect if not for my dripping nose. It kindda drained me as well, so I wasn't as chatty as I normally am. The last time we met up as a trio was last June. I did have the chance to have meals with Shar twice before this meet up tho. As I was too sick to drive, I went there by train. After dinner, the girls all have plans (and anyway, I really CMI already) and I had to wait for a good 40 min at the taxi stand before I got my cab. Having been on the wheel most of the time, that wait was a real test of my patience! I could have accomplished a lot in 40 min... That's me. I just can't slow down. Blat. The minute I got home, I died instantly on my bed.

Today I fell ill, of course. Saw the doc and was officially declared a patient. Snoozed my entire Saturday. What a loser. I hope I get well soon. This year's CNY is big thing for me! School's celebration and home function, all in one.

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

No comments: