Sunday, February 27, 2005

Fitness Workout

Yesterday I signed up for a 3 month power package with Amore Fitness Centre. This package allows me to attend unlimited number of classes for the next 3 months. Besides the normal Aerobics, there are other types of exercises on the menu, like StretchFit, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Step and Dance. For Dance, there are Jazz and Hip Hop. For each type, they also have various kinds/levels for you to choose from.

I went for my very first 2 classes today. First one was Low Impact Aerobics. Do not be misled by the name Low Impact. It was quite SIONG okay! For a solid 45min, we were moving non-stop to fast-paced music. Most of the ladies (it's an all-ladies fitness centre) were panting like mad. We could catch a bit of breath during the last 15 min, which required us to lie on a mat. It focuses on leg and stomach muscles, which was equally demanding at times. I perspired profusely but enjoyed the session thoroughly. It was a real good work-out, and I must say it was an achievement for a tau-huey like me.

Stayed on another hour for the jazz class. That wasn't tiring, thank goodness. We did simple stretching and movement, but I found out how uncoordinated I was. Couldn't manage simple movements well. Sigh. Never mind. Will become better with more practice.

After 2 solid hours of workout, I checked out the shower facilities. (Can't imagine how much space there is inside that small-looking outlet at Heartland Mall, but wow) This shower room is only for the exclusive use of the power package people. Not bad. There are several shower rooms besides 2-3 changing rooms plus a steam bath room (sauna). Toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and shower foam were provided. A sink and 2 mirrors with hairdryers. There was also a hot and cold water cooler. Of course, the lockers were there as well. Quite spacious. I showered happily and went home to koon.

I hope I don't ache all over tomorrow.

No comments: