Monday, January 24, 2011

Estelle is 5 years old (Part 1)

Estelle turns 5 today on 25 Jan 2011. She was born in 2006.

It is a special day not only because it's her birthday. It was a tough day for me as I had to go through a painful ordeal and eventually gave birth to her through emergency caesarean. But all the trauma and suffering ended the minute I heard her first cries in the operating theatre. I just burst into tears because her arrival meant so much to us and it was the start of another beautiful chaper in our lives.

Why did I say she meant a lot to us? Estelle was not from my first pregnancy. Before that, I had gone through 2 consecutive miscarriages in 2004. Being a strong and optimistic person, I was able to pull myself up from there, but deep down I had never completely recovered from the loss. I could not bear to ask my friends who were pregnant how they were doing; I could not look at baby clothes and shoes, and I could not bring myself to carry babies in my arms ------- until Estelle came. When she became a reality, I was completely cured of my pain and I became strong and positive instantly. She is the source of my strength because she is my firstborn, and such a perfect one.

I am thankful that she is mine. She is beautiful on the outside and inside. She is intelligent. She is kind. She is talented. She is adored by all including her teachers and everyone else. She is a real darling.

I have specially taken a day off from work to spend the day with her. I have just finished preparing her birthday goody bags for her classmates. It's 4am! I ought to catch some sleep. I shall continue with Part 2 tomorrow.

Happy birthday to my sweet princess. I love you.

No comments: