Thursday, July 01, 2010

Estroy is 1 Year Old !














It is the wee hours of 2 July 2010. Estroy is officially 1 year old today. I've not been blogging eversince I stepped into the world of facebook, but I'm going to dedicate 1 special blog entry to my baby boy (no more a baby!) to mark his 1st birthday.

I still remember one night, when hubby and I had to wake up for a night feed for Eston, we said, "Ok, this is it, we will stop at 2."

We moved to our new place, watched Estelle and Eston grow up cuter and cuter by the day, and one particular night, I looked at their faces, and at that spur of the moment, I wanted 1 more child. That moment changed my life.

Why do I say that Estroy has changed my life? I guess if he hadn't come along, I probably would not have taken a year of no-pay-leave, would not have opened a blogshop, would not have made more friends, would not have tried new things, would not have had the time to dabble with my hobbies like painting, reading, swimming, beading, crafting (and so on. My hobbies are endless), would not have the chance to send Estelle and Eston to school, would not be able to do so many things with my kids, would not be able to correct their misbehaviour in time, etc. The list is endless.

Estroy has turned 1. All my 3 kids were born through caesarean delivery, but I have forgotten the pain and trauma. All I can remember is the tremendous joy they have brought us, and how much they have strengthened our marriage. I am grateful. I count my blessings every day. My parents come over to my place every weekday to help me with the kids and meals. I must have done a lot of good in my previous life to deserve such great parents, without whom I simply cannot achieve so much. The only way I can repay them is to be filial and be a just-as-good parent to my own kids.

So, I just want to say, I love you Estroy, just like how much I love Estelle and Eston. And the person I love the most is my hubby. I have perfect parents, a perfect husband, 3 perfect kids, and a perfect career. I can't ask for anything more. I have everything!

Happy birthday, my darling!

No comments: