Saturday, February 12, 2005

Bye Monkey, Hello Rooster!

It's CNY again.
For the first time in my life, I had to look into the CNY programme in school. Happened to be in-charge of the Mother Tongue Dept as well this year. I'm glad everything went well, thanks to helpful colleagues and a team of capable CL teachers.
Some of my 6A1 girls came to bai nian at Fernvale on chu xi. After that, I packed them into my handsome Chevy and took them all to my place. Guess what, we ended up playing mahjong!
On the second day of CNY, I hosted a lunch gathering for my relatives from dad's side. This year is supposed to be dad's turn to host, so I offered my place. Take it as a housewarming party, since they have never been to my place before.
Caught the show "I Do I Do". I liked it. It's so Singaporean and so funny. 'A' is for Ambutan, 'B' for Buah Duku and 'C' is for C-Kway! I wish I could teach English like that!
I will remember the year of the monkey because I had a class full of monkeys. Ha ha!
The arrival of the Rooster reminded me that my mummy is 60 this year; this is her year. I can't believe it! My mummy still looks 45.
Read some feng shui/prediction and found out that this year is bad for rabbits. How ah? I'm not the superstitious sort but I have big plans to carry out this year. Can't afford any more bad happenings! Last year was bad enough. Must try to zhuan yun.
Gave my kids a red packet each at the end of class today. Told them that they can only open it when they go home, so they tried to put it under the sun to peep at the content. When they discovered that there was $2 (eh, REAL money OKAY!), they beamed. It made them happy, and that brought a smile to my face as well.
Well, Kids are meant to be loved.

No comments: