Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Teng Teng turns 13 months today!

My son has turned 13 months today -- 11 Jun 2008.

I am proud to announce that he is now able to walk! My daughter walked at 14 months (I mean, let-go-of-hand-type of confident walking), so my son is faster in this sense.

My boy has not fared too badly in the linguistic department too. His vocabulary includes very sweet calling of "Papa" and "Ma-ma" (meaning Grandma), and as of yesterday, he can call me "Mummy" or at times "Mee-mee". It's really candy to the ears! He can say these words:

1. shoes
2. eyes (and point at the eyes at the same time)
3. 吃 ("chi" meaning "eat")
4. 拿 ("na" meaning "take")
5. 去 ("qu"meaning "go")
6. star
7. ball
8. bye
9. -ish (means fish)
10. nana (means banana)


He understands the following, although he cannot articulate them yet.

1. Where's your cheek? (He points to both his cheeks with his index fingers and gives you a smile)
2. "Kok" your head? (He touches his head with both hands)
3. Where's the apple? (He points at apple)
4. Say bye bye (He waves, sometimes says the word "bye", and does the flying kiss)
5. Kai-Kai? (He points at the door to indicate that he wants to go out)
6. Grabs the packet of fish food and points at the fish.
7. Where's your nose? (Points at my nose)
8. How to say McDonald? (Pinches your nose - My daughter loves to pinch her nose and say the McDonald in a nasal way)
9. He points to the correct person when we test him.
10. He can clap his hands and do "gong xi gong xi" when asked to.
11. He claps when people sing the birthday song, and he does the "blow candle" thing at the end of the song.
12. Stand (and he stands)
13. Sit (and he sits)
14. Walk-walk (and he walks)
15. Give to mummy (and he gives whatever-in-his-hand to me)
16. Say bye-bye (He waves)
17. Flying kiss? (He puts his hand over mouth and tries to fly the kiss)
18. Kiss mummy (He comes to me with his mouth in a "O" shape and gives me a wet kiss on the lips.
19. Say "hooray!" (He puts up his hands)
20. 手高高 ("shou gao gao" meaning hands up literally - he puts up his hands)
21. Elephant (He clasps both palms together and mimics the elephant's trunk in a stretched out manner)
21. Butterfly (He puts both palms togeher with 1 in front of the other palm facing him and moves 4 fingers to mimic the butterfly's wings. Estelle can do a fantastic job with this one and he follows.)
22. He is able to put solid food items like biscuits and raisins into his own mouth and chew them.

Not bad for a small guy!

The other day I was feeling naughty and put him in his sister's dress. Despite being in a frock, he maintains his "boyliness" and still looks macho! Papa frowned upon my silly act.




Teng Teng! May you grow up happily and well. Mummy, Papa and Cheh Cheh love you!

No comments: