Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Eventful Day - 17 June 2008; Tuesday

Today is a super eventful day for me.

Standard First Aid Course - Day 1
Today I attended session 1 of 3 of this course in school. It is like a refresher course for me because I have done a similar course years back but of course has lapsed and my certification as a first aider has expired. Nonetheless, the learning today was enriching and useful. In a nutshell, we learnt how to tie a reeve knot, an armsling and a triangular sling. We learnt how to help people who choke on their food by administering the abdominal and chest thrust. We also learnt how to administer CPR and the 30sec compression. Despite being down with very bad flu and cough, I survived the 9am - 5.30pm session.

Zooming back to Buangkok Home During Lunch-time
Hubby picked me up during my lunch-time to Buangkok for a quick da-bao lunch and to load the stuff that I wanted to bring to school into the car. We needed to clear the flat urgently as we were meeting the buyers during the evening to hand over the keys. It was a mad, mad rush and it didn't help that my lunch-time was only 45min and my flu was hitting on me real hard.

Arrival of my Internet Purchase
I ordered something on the net last week and am very surprised and happy to receive it today! Will not disclose what it is but I'm happy to get my order. Ok, I have to admit that this is my first internet purchase (we have bought many things on the net before but all transacted through my hubby) so the excitement is there. How to describe this kind of feeling?

Hoo-Ha with Rockmann
Am now embroiled in a big saga with Rockmann, the company which is in-charge of my patio, because there are many discrepancies between what they promise to deliver and what has been done. So I am one angry customer who has shot 2 heavily-worded emails to them, made a few angry calls to them, and I have given them the ultimatum of discontinuing their service and not paying them the balance. Today the lady from the company called to ask for more time to speak with her boss. This company is really itching to get a lawyer's letter from me. If by tomorrow I don't get a satisfactory reply from them, I'm going to become really nasty.

More Packing!
After dinner, we had to send our tots and maid to my mum-in-law's place so that we could go to Buangkok and do a last round of clearing stuff. Sent 1 load of things to my sister's place in Tampines (returned her a walker, a rocker, the steam-steriliser, some toys and baby clothes, as well as my gift for my sister which I had bought from Korea), and tompang the blue carpet and mahjong table at my mum-in-law's place for resale later on.

Finally, Handing Over of Keys
We signed the necessary documents, settled leftover bills, and finally handed over the keys to the new owners. There's so much to do just to move to a new place, and wow, I couldn't have done it alone. I'm glad I have a reliable hubby who saw through much of the paperwork and tied the loose ends in this entire resale episode. Honestly, I have put in a lot of effort in this flat in terms of design, and the maintenance (I was the maid from 2001 - 2007), so I'm really happy to sell it to a couple who can appreciate it for what it is (the previous interested buyer wanted to hack this hack that and I get very sim-tia [heart-ache]) and enjoy the wonderful home. I am a person who goes for quality in everything and rest assured that my things are always the best.

The Next Thing?
Yes, another baby.
She will arrive at the end of the month in a shiny red coat, and if we are lucky, she will bear the same surname as our family, or almost.
不明白?
If the bidding is successful, her IC number will be SJH500M.
懂了吧?
If not succesful, her initials will still be SJH, same as her papa's, only the numbers in random.
Our new car is Toyota Sienta, a 1.5 7-seater MPV of compact size. We have just decided today to have the leather seats in black.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming her to the family.

What an eventful day!

No comments: