Wednesday, December 15, 2004

New Year, New Job

I had just attended another meeting at Fernvale this morning.

Having taught in Xinghua for 5.5 years, I felt a need to move on. Not out of teaching, as yet, but a change in environment and portfolio. So I applied for Fernvale and I got it! Wow. I couldn't believe my luck. Subject Head English - something I had wanted right from the very beginning.

Had been managing the Art Dept almost all my life (okay, it was only for 4 years) and I had actually loved it. I still do. Art is an interest I have. But I just didn't want to do it for a lifetime. I needed fresh challenges. So I moved on to an IP department. Leaving Xinghua is easy. Leaving my colleagues is difficult.

I do not know what is in store for me but I am going to make it exciting. I believe it is in my hands.

I look forward to starting work in a brand new school. But right now, I just want to enjoy my holidays.

No comments: