Friday, December 24, 2004

Fond Memories

I received a Christmas card from an ex-pupil of mine. I taught her when she was in Primary 5. She will be in Secondary 3 in 2005. Time flies.

She has never really shown any interest in her studies until she came to my class in P5. Somehow we clicked and she began to try. However, there was too much to catch up and she didn't make it, and had to go to the EM3 stream in P6. I didn't teach her as I followed my EM2 class up to P6. However, she still came to see me whenever she needed help. I was glad to see her so motivated. On the day of the release of PSLE results, I cried when the Principal announced that she had topped the EM3 stream.

She went on to Secondary school and started out in a Normal Tech class. I told her that she must work hard and get into the Normal Academic class so that she can take her 'O' levels. She promised to try.

She did. And she got into the NA class in Sec 2. I was so proud of her!

In the Christmas card, she thanked me for all that I have done for her. She knows that I had made an impact on her. But what she doesn't know is that she has also made an impact on me. She reminds me of what I can do for others, and that determination can conquer many odds. I always relate her story to my other pupils to motivate them.

One day she will become very successful. I know it.

No comments: