Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Heart Pain, Body Tired, Soul Frustrated

Heart Pain...
Eston has been having some rashes on his face, but this week it became more serious. His face is all red and his skin is extremely dry. I've been putting olive oil on his cradle cap, but improvement has been rather slow. I started applying this QV cream on his face. No doubt the dryness improved slightly, but his whole face became so red that I became worried. Finally took him to the PD and he concluded that this is a case of Ezecma. Gave us steroid (in cream form) which is also an antibiotic, and some moisturizer to apply on his skin. I applied it on him earlier and he is now sleeping. I hope he improves tomorrow.

Body Tired...
I do tons of housework every day. I have a backlog of (school) work to clear but I cannot even cope with clearing emails, let alone do work. It is 1.45am right now and I can only blog at such unearthly hours. On days that I don't blog, this is the time when I do mopping, washing toilet and everything else that needs to be washed. I am too tired to even start a list of the things that I do at home. At night, Eston wakes up for feeds. As I breastfeed, I'm usually the one sleeping with him. Husband and daughter sleep in the master room and they both only open their eyes at daybreak. I try to catch up on my sleep in the day, but it means I have lesser time to do housework (meaning I have to do it at night). And, no matter how ypu nap in the day, it's different from having a good night's sleep.

Soul Frustrated...
Because of a lack of proper rest, my milk supply has gone down a fair bit.

The other day in the car, husband asked me, "My brother asked us why we don't want to get a maid." I said, "Having a maid will give us other problems. Besides, we don't want to fork out the extra cost." Inside my heart, a little voice was screaming, "We can cope IF YOU HELP OUT."

And I'll be less frustrated if YOU can take care of yourself.

No comments: