Monday, January 23, 2006

Am I In Labour?

Baby is supposed to be due this Thursday. Until yesterday, Monday, there wasn't any action.

Last night, gynae checked me and said that I'll either be on time, that means this Thursday, or a bit late. So I'll have another appt with him on Thursday noon, and if nothing happens, I'm supposed to admit myself that very night. He'd probably induce the delivery on Friday.

Sounds like my own birth xx years ago. I was a 10 day late baby and had to be induced. My original birthdate was 20 Dec but I only saw the world on 30 Dec.

Somehow, I started to feel a bit scared.

Then, last night, actually it was this morning, at 1am, I started feeling cramps. For the first time in many months, felt cramps ok! And also for the first time, I was so happy getting cramps. People who have had the experience all tell me the first tell tale sign is cramps. I monitored the regularity and was convinced that it must be early labour signs. The cramps were very mild, and I even managed to sleep through the night. This morning, after waking up, told my hubby about my experience and he became pretty excited. Asked him to go for work as usual as the cramps were still very mild and tolerable. He did.

It is now 1.30pm and the cramps are still mild. I really wish that the real thing would come quickly. I'm all ready!

No comments: