Monday, January 03, 2005

First Day of School

Last night, hubby and I were so "excited" (a mixture of nervousness and some other weird feelings that I can't put my finger on) that we actually couldn't sleep. SERIOUS! I mean, we are not first timers, and yet, we still have to go through this pre-school jittery stuff. We vowed to go to bed at 11pm but only climbed under the blankets at 12.30am. Plus all the couldn't sleep nonsense, managed to reach slumberland at perhaps 2 plus?

Just when we just fell asleep, the alarm clock had to ring.

The whole day in school went pretty well. 200 odd students can't be too difficult to handle. I'm pleasantly surprised to see our AM, AE and even TA hanging around the canteen and hall to supervise and help out. This is something that I have not observed in my previous school. Because we are small, everyone just falls into place like a nice family. I think it's a good start.

I went into my P3 class for an hour and did some talking with them. I allowed 10 free and easy questions, and the questions that they asked were quite strange. "What's your favourite colour?" "What food do you like to eat?", just to name 2. I wonder how such info will help them. I forgot. They are barely 9 years old. If I allow my 6A1 to ask F&E questions, my goodness, God knows how many secrets I have to spill!

I wonder how my 6A1 class is now. Wonder how their first day at school had been. I miss them. Xinghua 6A1 2004, if you are reading this, HI!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take some time before I fall in love with my 3-1, but I will, as I always do. The girls are actually quite sweet. Some boys are quite restless. I have a pair of twins! I love twins. Wonder if I can have twins of my own in future to make up for ....

Ended the session in class with a song "If You Are Happy". I had fun.

Okay. New year. New Class.

Gan Batte Kudasai!!!

No comments: