Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Milestone for Xin Xin

After a couple of weeks of training, my girl is now toilet trained.

We started by taking off her diapers and putting her on the potty every half an hour. In the day it is fine, coz there are so many adults around to monitor her (of course I'm at work so it's really easy for me to say this. Credit goes to my mum and dad and of course my helper). It was the night time that is a nightmare. We tried to wake her every 2 hours to go tot he toilet but it was difficult for her (coz her eyes are still closed and then have to shee-shee) and it was also difficult for us. Eventually we still missed sometimes and then the bed would be in a mess. And getting up to go to work in the morning also became very tough.

Some experienced friends told us that such things cannot be rushed and so we decided to go easy on her (and ourselves). We continued with the day routine but night time - back to her huggies. Which still works pretty well.

I'm proud to announce that now my girl is off diapers in the day and she is able to articulate her toilet needs. She doesn't even use the potty now. She does it in the toilet. :-)

For my boy, he can tell us "poot-poot" when the need arises.

Well done, Xin Xin!

1 comment:

Maggy said...

yeah lah! don't be so cruel to yourself! my friends also made their kids stay in diapers at night. It's easier that way.

mag.