Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Teachers' Day 2008

6 ex-students from my first graduating class -- 5A5 2001/6A5 2002, came to my new place today to celebrate TD with me. A practice that they had never failed to comply every single year since their graduation. It dawned on me that they are 18 now!


I would like to put on record my thanks and appreciation for what they have done for me today. 6 of them (in alphabetical order) -- Cerella, Dickson, Pei Sheng, Shu Yuan, Ting Xian, Xin Sheng -- cooked spaghetti for me for dinner. They claim that it is their first attempt! :-)


Let's see what they were doing in my kitchen ... ...





Pei Sheng and Shu Yuan









Xin Sheng frying the meatballs








Cerella putting all the liao into the pasta sauce








Dickson doing some cutting




The 3 girls looking pretty






Ting Xian washing up


... and ...



... after more than an hour of hard work ...



... finally ...



... we get to MAKAN ...










You know, it's not really the spaghetti that matters, but the entire process of getting it all together that was really awesome. I could imgine the discussion that went on between them on what ingredients to buy, the shopping at NTUC, the excitement of this entire secrecy (they forbidded me from entering my OWN kitchen), and how they swear it was their first attempt at this cooking thing (disclaimer: we first time do this leh!), and the meeting up, and the preparation. The 6 of them all cramped up in my tiny kitchen, and the fact that they miraculously came up with something edible -- I am flattered indeed.


Thank you so much. It's the best present I have ever received!

We missed some of you who couldn't or didn't come for various reasons, like Ezra, Chee Chean, Wee Kheng, Kelly and many more, but opportunities are always there. We will meet again.


I managed to dig this out. Check it out.





:-)

1 comment:

dency said...

Ooooorh... so sweet :) The rewards of being a teacher is seen not in the tangible stuff (aka PSLE results & the likes), but the intangibles - lives you've touched and impacted! No doubt you've been an 'impactful' one. Happy Teachers' Day, my fren :)