Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lelong Lelong!

Last Sunday on 7 Sep, I set up a tiny stall at a flea market to get rid of some of my stuff. Paid $5 for a space at AMK Ave 4 Blk 626. Sold only my bags and earrings for a start (did not want to cart too many things there and then in the end can't sell anything and cart everything back) and it was quite a fun experience.

It was mainly the bags that could move. I sold the bigger ones at $6, medium and small ones at $4. In the end I had to give discount, coz the crowd was a die-hard-cheapo one and they were out for real steals. For me, it was more to get rid of stuff and to gain the experience. I was a little disappointed that my earrings did not really sell, especially those that are handmade by me. I guess the crowd was wrong and I'm quite certain that the flea markets in town would be a better platform for the sale of my earrings. I'm not really bothered by the amount I make but it's more the satisfaction that people appreciate my designs that matters.

Anyway, I DID sell a pair of handmade Swarovski Crystal earrings to the MP Seng Han Tong who came and did his rounds. I wanted to give it to him free-of-charge but he insisted on paying. So I asked for $2 and he thought that it was too cheap. He paid me $5 which I accepted happily.




DEAL!

Total takings for that day - $62. Not bad for a start! I got rid of 2 big boxes of bags. More space in my cupboard for NEW LVs. Ha Ha!

No comments: