Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am a student again

I am currently on a full-time 4-month course at NTU/NIE. The name of the course is "Management and Leadership Studies" (formerly known as the DDM - Diploma in Departmental Management) This is my first week and so far, it has been good.

Basically, my timetable runs in 2 blocks; 9am-12pm and 1.30pm-4.30pm. On some days, I only have lecture or tutorial in the morning block. On some days, I am "free" the whole day. Most of these free days are meant for school visits and discussion.

For today(Friday), we are supposed to log into the discussion forum to discuss topics or do our online journal - blogging (an official one--not this one :p )

My daughter is pleasantly surprised that mummy is at home with her. I cannot forget the surprised look on her face when I assured her that "Mummy does not have to go to work today"

There are quite a number of deliverables from this course, some of which are pretty exciting. In a nutshell:

1. Personal journal
2. Designing a 10-week curriculum for a particular school (in my case, Unity Primary School)
3. Regional Visit - I am going to KOREA
4. Report on regional visit
5. Any other assignment from our electives

Quite a lot of work to do huh?

But, who is complaining? Not me!

No comments: