Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blink Blink ;)

I have finally done it. The lasik surgery.

Went for the evaluation test on Sat morning (24/11/07) and there and then decided to just do it. I got my vision corrected on that very afternoon at 5pm.

The process is a little "scary". I lie on this surgical bed. The doc tapes my eyelids to keep them "up". Then a big metal ring thingy is "sucked" onto my eyeball so that I cannot blink. Then my cornea flap is flipped and the laser did its thing. There was a burning smell. I had to stare at a blinking light. Many a times, I sort of shifted my eyeball a little and the laser would stop. I had to focus on the blinking light in order for the laser to work. When it is done, doc flipped my cornea flap back and pressed out the bubbles. Then the procedure is repeated for the other eye. Ironically, I wasn't scared at all. I was just so determined to get over this "handicap".

The after-effect was very uncomfortable though. I could not open my eyes and they felt very strained. Hubby and Estelle came to give me moral support and to take me home. I slept immediately.

When I woke up, wow, I could see the world with a whole new pair of lens. Literally.

I'm glad I did it. Good riddance to spectacles and contact lens.

Blink Blink ;)

1 comment:

Kancheong Spider said...

Great... Welcome to the Lasik Club. It's amazing how this op can change our lives, us speckies for the longest time. :) Take this as your "rebirth" of sorts, I have been taking care of my eyes since I did Lasik 5 yrs back, don't wan to return to those days when we have to see the world behind some lens.