Thursday, July 14, 2005

I am 3 months pregnant

Careful followers of my blog would have picked up little signs and hints of my pregnancy, although I have not announced it explicitly.

Yes. I am 3 months pregnant.

That explains my "evening sickness", my one-off vomitting episode, my frequent "fevers" and "headaches", my idling during the hols (was instructed to bed-rest), and the fact that I did not travel anywhere (I always travelled during June and Dec hols).

After my check-up today, gynae announced a series of good news to me. My clinical blood test shows that I am in good health and am not a carrier of any major hereditary illnesses. My urine test is also normal. My first trimester pre-natal screening showed that my risks for Trisomy 21 and 13/18 are 1:12191 and 1:20833 respectively. In other words, the chances of having a down-syndrome child are very low. Baby is doing well inside me, with a length of 5.8cm and a strong heartbeat. Hubby and I are totally elated.

I cannot believe that I am slowly entering my second trimester very soon.

I'll keep my entry short today. I need to sleep now and I just want to share my joy with everyone before I go to bed.

Nite nite.

No comments: